Member Code of Ethics
All AAMD Members Must Agree to Follow the Member Code of Ethics
We, the owner and supplier member of the Apartment Association of Metro Denver (AAMD), recognizing our duty to the public and the intimate nature of the relationship between the apartment resident and the owner or manager, and being aware of the vastly increasing role of the apartment industry in providing the homes of the future, and in order to provide the multifamily community with the maximum in quality and service upon the highest standards of honesty and integrity, do hereby bind ourselves with the adoption of this Code of Ethics, agreeing that, so long as we remain members of the Apartment Association of Metro Denver, and so long as nothing contained herein shall be unlawful, we shall:
- In no way attempt to persuade, induce or coerce another party to breach this Code. The inducting of the breach of this Code is considered a violation of same.
- Operate and maintain our apartment communities ever mindful of the existence and intent of the Apartment Association of Metro Denver; to recognize and comply with this organization’s bylaws and operational standards.
- Strive continually to promote the education and fraternity of the membership and to promote the progress and dignity of the apartment industry in creating a better image of itself in order that the public may be better served.
- Seek to provide better values, so that an even greater share of the public may enjoy the many benefits of apartment living.
- Establish high ethical standards of conduct within the apartment industry.
- Endeavor to expose all schemes to mislead or defraud apartment residents, through advertising or otherwise, by deceptive, misleading, or fraudulent statements, misrepresentations, or implications, unwarranted by fact or reasonable profitability.
The powers to interpret, administer and enforce the provisions hereof, shall be appointed annually by the Board of Directors of the Association, with the power of warning, fining, suspending, or expelling, after a hearing, any member found violating the same.